CBI’s Report on scam involving Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao Yojana launched by Central Government
Central government officials, who are related to Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao Yojana of saving and educating a girl child, revealed in their report that there may be individuals trying to offer with cash money under this Yojana. The government has thus announced of an enquiry to be carried out by the CBI team in this matter.
It is certain that the CBI has been informed to look into the matter seriously as a number of complaints have been made by many individuals against the Yojana for saving the girl child. CBI top officials have also made it very clear that they are preparing a report and mode of action to look into the forgery. It has also been confirmed by the officials in the ministry that they have received a number of reports and complaints from many individuals that some cash incentive was being offered under this Yojana.
The officials in the ministry have announced that in depth CBI enquiry will be made to look into the matter seriously and generate a precise report of it. The statement has been made after seeing the importance of the situation.
Statement made by the officials
The officials have revealed that a number of unlawful activities that were carried out were reported from different states including Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Punjab and Bihar. The ministry has further notified that it has also discussed the matter with officials of the state government about the confirmation of the given incentives.
Notification by the Ministry
- According to the latest notifications, the ministry officials and state government has warned individuals against providing any personal information with an aim to avoid falling into such scam.
- Apart from this, they have also stated that under such Yojana any individual shall not be given any finance incentive as the scheme does not have any such provisions.
Main aims of the scheme
- Saving the girl child Yojana (Beti Bachao – Beti Padhao) aims in improving the social status of the girl child by providing them with primary level education. It also aims at changing the mindset of the society in general against the girl child.
- It focuses on implementing strict law enforcement under PNDT and PC act by providing all possible help to educate the girl child and ensuring that every girl child gets the right to education.
- Prevention and protection of girl child by monitoring gender biased and creating nationwide alertness amongst individuals.
The government had launched the scheme in October 2014 to help improve the sex ratio of girl child in different states in India. It was a step taken by the following Ministries:-
- Women & child development Ministry
- HR Development Ministry
- Health and Family welfare Ministry.
The Ministry has also appointed Sakshi Malik, Olympic Bronze Medalist as the brand ambassador representing the State of Haryana. With this scheme the government aims to eliminate the discrimination against the girl child in the country and to provide equal rights to the girl child.